Tuesday, December 19, 2017

[2017.12.20] ETHAN JUAN PLAYS A DERANGED KILLER

Ethan Juan normally is a mild manner nice guy who takes care of his ailing wife Karena Lam
Ethan Juan shows his dark side
courtesy of mingpao.com

Ethan Juan (Yuen King Tin) in the new film THE LIQUIDATOR (SUM LEI JUI ji SING SI JI GUONG) played a cold blooded mass murderer. Thus in the film he grew his hair shoulder length and put on glasses to send out eerie chills. In the film Siu Tin was a mild mannered, polite, wife loving good man who took care of his ailing wife Karena Lam Ka Yun alone. Yet at night he would turn into a self righteous cold blooded killer to punish the guilty that the law cannot prosecute. He is also extremely vicious and deranged, killing the victims according to the crimes that they committed. Siu Tin said, "This character is not easy to play, you can say he is a maniac. Earlier I deliberately read a lot of books about psychology and murderers. The more I read the more chills I got. It really is a psychological challenge."

Playing a cop, Liu Shishi in order to catch the serial killer Siu Tin asked genius cop Deng Chao for help. The two men battled brawn and brains. On and off camera they were dueling. Before the shoot Siu Tin worked out for days he did not expect his co-star Deng Chao to be in great shape and had endless energy. "During the shoot I really gave my all, I had to chop at him with an axe and a screwdriver. He kept running and dodging. Then we had to choke each other. Halfway through I was already collapsing from exhausting. When I sat down to rest Deng Chao was still joking around. Then suddenly he flashed his six pack abs in front of me and kept flexing. I laughed until I was out of breath."

No comments:

Post a Comment