Tuesday, March 14, 2017

[2017.03.14] SAMMO HUNG CALLS LOUIS KOO A RARE KUNG FU STAR OF THE PAST DECADE

Gordon Lam, Louis Koo
courtesy of singtao.com
SPL creators action director Sammo Hung, director Wilsion Yip, and producer Paco Wong reunite for PARADOX
Chris Collin, Tony Jaa, Max Zhang and Wu Yue
Jacky Cai says that it is very hard to talk to others about her personal life
courtesy of mingpao.com
Sammo Hung calls Louis Koo a "kung fu superstar"
Sammo Hung
Jacky Cai
Gordon Lam has a hard time with his Thai lines
courtesy of on.cc

The Louis Koo Tin Lok, Gordon Lam Ka Tung, Jacky Cai Jie, Hanna Chan and four action actors Tony Jaa, Ken Low Wai Kwong, Wu Yue, Chris Collins starred new film PARADOX (TAM LONG) yesterday held its global press conference at the Hong Kong Film And Television Market. The actors along with producer Paco Wong, director Wilson Yip Wai Shun, action director Sammo Hung Kam Bo had a toast and a lighting ceremony.

The actors then talked about their production experience. Tony Jaa greeted everyone in Cantonese and demonstrated his warm up before a Thai kickboxing fight. He even tried beatboxing and rapping a song. Yip Wai Shun revealed that the most memorable was Tony Jaa busting his head open on the second day of work. Luckily he was fine, after resting for a day he was able to return to work already. Goo Jai admitted that this time he fought the most in his film career. He had to fight against a dozen or more by himself. During the process he had superficial wounds, but not as injured as Tony Jaa. He also praised how great Sammo was. As for being called a kung fu star was rarely seen in ten years, Goo Jai humbly said, "I had no action scene experience, I had a scene that was over ten minutes long. I had to fight dozen or so, I fought for several weeks. After each shot I sat down on the spot and rested, then I kept shooting on the same spot. This was truly very memorable. I hoped to fight less the next time, because later I had another new film that I also had to fight." He joked that Donnie Yen Chi Tan fought a dozen people at the same time, he fought them separately.

Goo Jai also mentioned Sammo's production method. "During my dramatic scene, Bg Brother went to the set to fight once with the stunt people. Then he would edit the footage and score it to show me. I could just follow that. However after I finished the video, even my glasses fell off. I didn't believe that I could do it. Before hand I trained for two days. (Did you a double?) Yes, some flips I couldn't do so I used a double. The remaining 90% were all me."

No comments:

Post a Comment