Tuesday, January 17, 2017

[2017.01.18] LAWRENCE CHENG REFUSES TO CUT HIS DAUGHTERS' SCENES

courtesy of singtao.com
BabyJohn says this scene hurts a little
Lawrence Cheng complains about how hard the intimate scenes with Chrissie Chau are too make
courtesy of on.cc

Lawrence Cheng Tan Shui again with his little guy "Leung Foon" starred in YUPPIE FANTASIA 3 (SIU NAM YUN JAU GEI 3 ji NG GA YAU HE) with Chrissie Chau Sau Na, Larine Tang Yueping, and BabyJohn Choi Hong Yik. In the Lunar New Year film Ah Tan even asked his daughters Zaneta Cheng Yiu and Amanda Cheng Min to guest star. Because they were unknowns, when the boss watched the film he wanted to remove the scene. Ah Tan "stood firm" and refused. Later when the boss learned that they were Ah Tan's daughters, he immediately did a U-turn and wanted to keep the scene. Thus this scene was "brought to life" again.

As the director, Ah Tan arranged for him to share a bubble bath with Sister Na. It came from a look from Dior Cheng Yi Kin. "When Ekin was working a bath scene with bathtub scene with Sister Na in BREAK UP 100, he stared at me with a challenging look. He was holding Sister Na with bubbles all over, he did not thank me and his eyes seemed to tell me, 'look what you got me into'. I was very mad, I remembered it. Thus this scene was returning a favor to him. My tub was bigger than his. I even told the screen writer I had to have this scene. (Did you see anything?) Bubbles were everywhere. Honestly I had a little regret. It wasn't enjoyable at all. I not only had to keep Sister Na's feeling in mind but it was cold on the day of the shoot. We had to keep adding hot water to the tub. We soak in hot water for 3 hours, staring at each other and watching the other sweat. It wasn't romantic at all. After a shot I had to grab a towel and get up to watch the playback. The bubbles were all over me. It was rather awkward. Oh, Cheng Yi Kin I fell for your trick!" In another scene he and Sister Na had a 360 degree kiss. Ah Tan said, "The camera turned, not the people. I again used this scene for personal gain. I wanted to tell the whole world that she loved me, so she came to kiss me." Sister Na felt that this scene was necessary.

Ah Tan said that originally he had two daughters to supervise the set, but they got tired and left early. Ah Tan did not feel that making intimate scene in front of them was awkward. Instead he wanted them to know that the set had several dozen people with the lights. When Papa worked on a movie he was not taking advantage of anyone. It was not romantic at all.

In the film Ah Tan's daughters Cheng Yiu and Cheng Min guest starred. When the boss watched the film he did not know and wanted to remove their scene. Ah Tan seriously declined and said that his daughters could not be cut. The boss laughed after finding out, "Of course not!" Ah Tan's daughters were "brought to life again"; Cheng Yiu and Cheng Min played despicable office workers. Ah Tan praised their acting in the scene as Best Actress award winning. "Because they did what they excel the most in. Usually as soon as I open my mouth at home, they would roll their eyes. That was the expression I wanted, so they did very well. They could win an award." Ah Tan stated that he deliberately arranged for them to appear on camera. "One day the whole family cam to watch me make the movie MURDER (WONG FUNG MEI HAU JUM). In it Do Do (Carol Cheng Yui Ling) played a despicable business woman. As the elevator door closed, a pregnant lady and a little girl yelled wait. The pregnant lady was my wife and the little girl was my daughter. The little one was in the belly. My daughter after watching screamed with joy. I felt now it is time to keep it going once, as a Cheng family film. (Why did you not ask your wife to perform too?) I dd, she said, 'You have Sister Na, don't bother asking me.'" Sister Na jokingly asked Ah Tan not to set her up. Just as lucky, BabyJohn was squished against Larine's 36F bust. BabyJohn said, "This scene was like Captain Tsubasa taking a shot to the face. I thank her for her trust. The shoot wasn't embarrassing but talking about it was."

No comments:

Post a Comment