Monday, January 16, 2017

[2017.01.17] 23RD HONG KONG FILM CRITIC SOCIETY AWARDS

Best Actor Gordon Lam admits his first Best Actor award has a lot of meaning
Best Actress Zhou Dongyu
TRIVISA
SOUL MATE
Best Director Wong Chun (MAD WORLD) also won the Best New Director Golden Horse Award
Best Director Stephen Chow (MERMAID)
courtesy of mingpao.com
Gordon Lam wins his first Best Actor award in his 30 year career
Gordon Lam's TRIVISA wins Best Film
courtesy of on.cc

Yesterday at the 23rd Hong Kong Film Critic Society Awards, Gordon Lam Ka Tung with TRIVISA (SHU DAI JIU FUNG) won the Best Actor award. Zhou Dongyu won Best Actress with SOUL MATE. The Johnnie To Kei Fung, Yau Nai Hoi produced TRIVISA also won Best Film.

First time Best Actor Lam Ka Tung questioned the news when he heard it as he did not dare to believe it. After receiving several more calls for his comment about the award, he finally was able to accept the news as the truth. He said, "I am very happy that the Hong Kong Film Critic Society would give me this award. Thank you to the judges for the support and the encouragement. This time is my first report card after so many years in the business, to me it means alot. When I heard the news I really didn't know how to respond right away. I never thought that I could win this award with TRIVISA. When I heard it I didn't know how to reply. It is very hard to be able to make a movie that is both topical and have ample opportunity for me to show my skills. I feel very honored. I have to thank the producers To Sir and Yau Nai Ho, the entire on and off camera team of the film, the effort of the directors and the screen writers can't be overlooked. I have to thank Media Asia and Fresh Wave for injecting a new force into the film industry. I remember the most when back then my training class instructor told me 'life is like acting'. At the time I didn't get it at age 20, but after so many years I can truly sense it. His instruction to me then was also very influential to me, I have to thank him!" Because Ka Tung was still at work, he has not thought about how he would celebrate yet.

23RD HONG KONG FILM CRITIC SOCIETY AWARDS
http://www.filmcritics.org.hk/

BEST FILM: TRIVISA
BEST DIRECTOR: Stephen Chow (MERMAID), Wong Chun (MAD WORLD)
BEST SCREENPLAY: Chan Chor Hung (MAD WORLD)
BEST ACTOR: Gordon Lam Ka Tung (TRIVISA)
BEST ACTRESS: Zhou Dongyu (SOUL MATE)
SIX RECOMMENDED FILMS:
MAD WORLD
MERMAID
SOUL MATE
WEEDS ON FIRE
SNUGGLE
SEE YOU TOMORROW

No comments:

Post a Comment