Friday, August 19, 2016

[2016.08.20] AVA LIU HAS TO FAKE A MAINLAND ACCENT


Ava Liu will play a girl from the Mainland
Shiga Lin
courtesy of on.cc
Fred Cheng and Stephanie Ho
courtesy of mingpao.com

Fred Cheng Chun Won, Stephanie Ho Ngan Sze, Phil Lam Yik Hong, Jason Chan Pak Yu, Ava Liu (Yu Kiu), Jacquelin Chong Sze MAN and Shiga Lin Sze Nga two nights ago attended a digital music platform event.

Yu Kiu revealed that later she will work on a new film. Her character will be a girl who came from the Mainland and spoke with a country accent. She said, "My character speaks less than fluent Cantonese, so I have to find friends with accents to record the lines for me to practice with. The boss sometimes would conduct surprise inspections and suddenly call to ask me to speak with the accent. If I was out at dinner it would be rather awkward. Because my Putonghua is so poor, faking an accent would be very pretentious."

No comments:

Post a Comment