Monday, July 21, 2014

[2014.07.21] STAR CLASS COLUMN: THE END IS THE BEGINNING OF A NEW CHAPTER

This was the cafe in BREAK UP 100.  At the time the set was not done yet and I had my first rehearsal here.
courtesy of mingpao.com

I have spent the 2013 and 2014 here with everyone, unknowingly we have arrived in the middle of summer. How is everyone's 2014 so far? I heard from the editor that everyone wanted me to continue to share my life here, so I am back. The chapter is new, the name remains the same as I continue to train here.

This year I have started a new chapter in my career. As my work schedule is relaxed, giving me more time to read scripts, experience the characters and enjoy acting. In this chapter I have run into a very important person, he is this film's director Lawrence Cheng Tan Shui. When I saw him the first time, he told me that this script was tailored for me. Honestly, after hearing his story I disagreed. Then I started filming and after I truly got into character, I was very surprised. I have only worked with him two or three times, I could actually imagine what I looked like as a girlfriend. The character was full of shades of me. Although they were of my dating past, the feeling was so similar. During the shoot, I unknowingly turned myself into the female lead Siu Lan. During the production period of more than two months, I seemed to have been in a relationship, truly experienced the sweetness and the tears of this romance. I did not know this love story's ending. The director did not tell me. Thus I especially look forward to watching this film at the movies.

The director has the heart of a woman. I sensed a script to be like a love story that a girl told me. I hope everyone after watching this film would tell me your impression and also able to share with me your love stories.

- CHRISSIE CHAU

No comments:

Post a Comment