Monday, April 14, 2014

[2014.04.15] CHERRY NGAN: LOSING TO ZHANG ZIYI IS WAY COOL

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
At THE WAY WE DANCE celebration, Cherry Ngan who has no award is happier than Best New Director Adam Wong (left) and Best New Performer BabyJohn Choi
courtesy of mingpao.com

Cherry Ngan Cheuk Ling did not win Best Actress but early yesterday morning after THE WAY WE DANCE (KONG MO PAI) celebration she returned to the Baptist University in the afternoon to attend a vegetarian event. Ngan Cheuk Ling said that she was not disappointed that she did not win Best Actress. She said, "As (Adam) Wong Sau Ping said, losing to Zhang Ziyi is way cool! Losing to other actresses is also way cool because they are all good actresses." During the show Best Actress Award presenter Nick Cheung Ka Fai claimed that the event wrote her Chinese name as "Gan Cheuk Ling" on the script. Cherry not only was not upset but instead felt happy. "I was happy, it meant that Brother Ka Fai knows my name, knows who I am". Cheung Ka Fai encouraged her to wait a little longer for Best Actress. She agreed. "I feel I have to perform 10 more years before I perform well." She joked that she was still savoring the Hong Kong Film Award moments. Last night she returned home early in the morning and still could not sleep at 5AM. She also said that her co-star BabyJohn Choi Hong Yik has already settled down emotionally. Will she get a raise for her future roles? Ngan Cheuk Ling said, "I didn't win, let the company decide. Having a suitable job is already great, ultimately an actress of my age won't have to many movies to make." However she said that she had 2 or 3 films in negotiation.

Choi Hong Yik recalled when the Best New Director was announced the three of them tightly held hands. "When Wong Sau Ping won, I cried more than when I won."

No comments:

Post a Comment