Sunday, October 27, 2013

[2013.10.28] YUEN KING TAN DOES NOT DARE TO MAKE STEPHEN CHOW FILMS

courtesy of mingpao.com

Yuen King Tan appeared on a Cable program and shared the joy and the pain of being a comedy actor. She pointed out that even when comedy films were hits, comedy actors would be at a disadvantage at award shows. She said, "Comedy actors would always be supports. However you don't need to give me an award, the most important is to give me money. If I can choose I wouldn't choose to make comedy, making comedy is very tiring and the treatment is worse than others." She once worked with Stephen Chow Sing Chi, and said that Sing Yeh has already achieved god class. "He would give you the freedom to perform, but after several tries that didn't work he would keep calling bad takes. You would be so scared that you would be stuttering. Once after getting the script I was so nervous that I hid in my room alone and kept practicing different performance methods. I had to be ready, otherwise my legs would go limp in front of Sing Yeh. Later I no longer worked on his films because I played all the cards I had."

No comments:

Post a Comment