Wednesday, May 22, 2013

[2013.05.23] ANDY LAU AND TONY LEUNG CHIU WAI IN A "MEETING OF HUNKS"

Chen Kun sells out Carina Lau in the film, but privately they are good friends
Carina Lau wants to be more selective with her scripts
Flora Lau
courtesy of on.cc
Carina Lau captures Andy Lau and Tony Leung Chiu Wai in an intense chat
courtesy of mingpao.com

Carina Lau Ka Ling two nights ago posted online a photo of her husband Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Andy Lau Tak Wa in a sit down chat. She personally took the photo and they looked friendly and relaxed. Online curiosity was piqued and the response was overwhelming. Last night it had over 1,500 comments and over 3,000 retransmits. Some online described this as a "meeting of hunks" and looked forward to them working together again; A message asked, "What are they discussing? When will they work on another film together? Both are excellent men."

Hong Kong Best Actress Lau Ka Ling and Mainland star Chen Kun starred in the film BENDS (GOR GAI), which was selected for the Cannes Film Festival Un Certain Regard segment. After the premiere the film received many praises. Ka Ling even might have a chance at Best Actress. They earlier in an interview with director Flora Lau Wan Man said that they were willing to work with younger generations for almost no salary. Ka Ling admired Lau Wan Man's persistence. "If the film has us, more or less it would add sexy and bed scenes. Yet she didn't compromise for commercial elements. I admire her character."

Ka Ling played a character whose husband, family and friends abandoned. Even her driver Chen Kun used her. She said that her personal experience put her in character even more. "I really have to thank my past, but right now nothing can affect me. I really appreciate the words that Lam Ching Ha (Brigitte Lin) gave me back then, 'face it, accept it, resolve it, let it go'."

As for Cannes Best Actress chances, Ka Ling laughed and said, "Ha ha! At this stage I already have a reputation, I will worry about the award when it happens! Right now whether I win or now no longer matters, I really enjoy every moment at work." She admitted that she might not stay until the announcement on the final day. In recent years Ka Ling had few performance opportunities. She admitted that she would like to choose more challenging scripts. Will she rest for a year like her husband Tony Leung Chiu Wai? She said, "We have been together for over a decade and have a way of life. I won't hinder his movie productions. We have a great degree of freedom."

Chen Kun revealed that this time he took 25 days off to support Lau Wan Man. They got along like siblings. He revealed that now mainly he is establishing a charity organization to help the poor. he said, "Now I feel very relaxed, but my manager are rushing me to return to work, haha!" For her first feature Lau Wan Man stated that she was nervous. "It was the first time that I had to communicate with so many people, which was very refreshing and very enjoyable. I hope to see the audience's response when the film will be released in Hong Kong in August."

No comments:

Post a Comment