Friday, April 19, 2013

[2013.04.20] SIMON YAM SUFFERS FROM FIGHT SCENES IN A SNOWSTORM

courtesy of singtao.com
Simon Yam returns to Hong Kong to attend a party with his wife Qi Qi
courtesy of mingpao.com

Simon Yam Tat Wa worked on location on the Changbai Mountain for the new film THE ICEMAN COMETH 3D (3D BING FUNG HUP). He returned to Hong Kong for a day then flew away again for work. Two nights ago he accompanied his wife Qi Qi to attended a new Lanvin store opening party.

Yam Tat Wa revealed that he had to wear costumes in the snow for a series of fight scenes, swordplay and walk on the snow. The process was extreme difficult. He said, "This time was the most difficult production since I started making movies, but it was happy! The temperature there was around 4 degrees below zero but the wind was class 5 strength with the snowstorm. I wore 4 layers and 50 heat pads but they were until effective for keeping warmth. At the time I was so cold that I didn't know my nose was running. The snow storm made me unable to open my eyes and was covered in snow like a snow man!"

Qi Qi's heart ached over her husband's suffering on the mountain and even lost contact with him over the internet, which made her very uneasy. She said, "Because I couldn't get him on the phone, I couldn't find him for a while. With the proximity to Korea, rumors of war lingered. With the recent Boston Marathon bombing tragedy, I was the most worried about his personal safety." Brother Wa hoped that all the misfortunes would soon pass like rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment