Thursday, December 22, 2011

[2011.12.23] CHRIS LEE AND CHEN KUN BOTH EAT SAND DURING FIGHT SCENES

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Tsui Hark directed 3D wu xia epic FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE (LUNG MOON FEI GAP) was released yesterday.  Originally the Hong Kong release was to be the Cantonese version, but because earlier during the professional screening film critics, directors and viewers all would like to watch the original Mandarin version.  The film company in accordance to the audience demand released the Mandarin version starting today.  The Mandarin version will have Chen Kun and Chris Lee Yuchun's real voices.  Lee Yuchun joked, "In one scene Kwai Lun-Mei and I fought over Brother Kun, I in particular got to slap him.  That slap was especially loud.  With my real voice I believe it would be very realistic."

The film's six leads Jet Li (Lee Nin Kit), Zhou Xun, Kwai Lun-Mei, Chen Kun, Lee Yuchun and Mavis Fan Hiu Huen all stated that this film was the most difficult.  Several beauties all became "wind eating beauties".  Zhou Xun said, "The shoot took place under below freezing temperature.  Even my hands and the sand under my feet were frozen.  My head and ears ached.  Sand storms also kept appearing at the location.  As soon as cameras rolled, the wind making equipment blew.  I couldn't even open my eyes."  Chen Kun and Lee Yuchun in the film had the most fight scenes and every time they wielded their weapon they ate sand.  Although they suffered "abuses" at the hands of Tsui Hark, everyone still appreciated him.  Chen Kun said, "this time I played both the good guy and the bad guy at the same time, I felt like I had a personality split.  I also had to fight with Big Brother Lee Nin Kit.  Although it was tough the director very patiently displayed the actors' potential.  We truly both loved and hated him."

No comments:

Post a Comment