Thursday, December 15, 2011

[2011.12.16] JET LI: TSUI HARK IS NOT THE DEVIL



courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Jet Li (Lee Nin Kit) and Zhou Xun starred 3D film FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE (LUNG MOON FEI GAP) yesterday held a press conference and premiere in Macau.  Director Tsui Hark led the cast to appear at the event.  Zhang Yimou earlier locked in reporters to prevent them from covering Tsui Hark and Johnnie To Kei Fung's new film promotions.  Tsui Hark yesterday said that the society stressed harmony but he could not understand why the film industry would be so explosive.  FLYING's selling point was the Mainland's first 3D film.  Yesterday the cast gathered in Macau to promote.  Lee Nin Kit led Zhou Xun, Kwai Lun-Mei and others to the event.  Director Tsui Hark said that he would be able to bring 3D film into a new territory.  He ambitiously said, "I hope Chinese film can head toward the entire world!"

Speaking of the competition, Zhang Yimou's FLOWERS OF WAR was accused of trapping the media at its event with a buffet to drive out Tsui Hark and To Kei Fung's new films.  Tsui Hark said, "I feel very honored to be in the same period as Zhang Yimou, but I feel the society stresses harmony.  I don't know why this industry is so explosive!"  In addition, many behind the scene said Tsui Hark the Devil because he forced actors to train hard for fight scenes.  Tsui Hark responded, "Actually I am worse than the Devil.  Although I can use stunt doubles, I hope the use of 3D can be gratifying visually so I arranged for the actors to personally perform."

Speaking of many 3D films appearing overseas but this was only the first for the Mainland, Tsui Hark believed that the nation will catch and will continue to make 3D films.  He said, "I am looking at scripts right now."  As for Lee Nin Kit's rumored 100 million in salary, he had no comment.  He only said, "I don't know.  You have to ask Boss Yu Dong.  Since I started production late I only took half the salary."

Speaking of the 100 million, Lee Nin Kit asked the media where they heard it from.  He said, "This is just a rumor that goes back and forth."  As for charging international superstar salary, he replied, "U.S. dollar is losing value, RMB is on the rise."  Once he said that he would focus on charity, Lee Nin Kit hoped that the cultural broadcast would be a part of charity.  He said, "Thus I would promote with Tai Chi, I wish for health and happiness for everyone."  How will he spend the Christmas holiday?  He admitted that he will rest.  Speaking of the crew calling Tsui Hark the Devil, Lee Nin Kit spoke up for his friend.  He said, "I have worked with Tsui Hark for years. Film production of course requires real kung fu.  Some people now are comfortable with modern films so they are not used to wu xia films."  Zhou Xun stressed that this was her first wu xia film and injury was inevitable for her.  She said, "With action scenes everyday, I had to be careful and take care of my body.  (With your character's similarities to Invincible Asia did you study Brigitte Lin?)  Although I have seen it, I didn't study it because mine is an all new character."  Clashing with her own film THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI) head on, Zhou Xun said, "Many people ask, but I am  neither worried nor scared.  Good box office is good for the actors too."

No comments:

Post a Comment