Tuesday, October 12, 2010

[2010.10.13] RAINIE YANG AND SHAWN YUE FEEL NO ELECTRICITY

Rainie Yang (Yeung Sing Lam), Shawn Yue Man Lok
courtesy of mingpao.com

Taiwan "Cute Cult Leader" Rainie Yang (Yeung Sing Lam) 8 years ago worked with Shawn Yue Man Lok on the Taiwan idol series THE LOVE BOOK (OI CHING BAK PEI SHU) and were linked in gossip. Recently they reunited in the 3D film CHILD'S EYE (TUNG NGAN) and played a couple. Rainie honestly said that she was nervous about working with Ah Lok again as she went to weigh herself right away. Rainie said, "I used to be very fat, he said I was very heavy when he carried me and I was a little upset. Actually it was my flaw, a female artist's figure shouldn't be like this. Maybe back then it was my first series, the pressure was enormous. I only knew to eat but didn't know to lose weight! This time I was afraid that Lok Jai would see me fat, luckily he said I am much thinner."

Ah Lok never thought that he would be able to work with Rainie again and even felt that she changed a lot. "Rainie has matured. She used to look cute but now she has quite a feminine charm. However she is only 24. Rainie's acting has always been great. She used to work on series mainly, then she became a singer. Now she is very successful." Rainie said, "Thank you! Actually I gave him a red pocket for him to say that. He too has grown more masculine!"

Did they feel any electricity when they worked together? Ah Lok said, "Truly no, the rumor then was just for laughs and is in the past. Luckily reuniting many years ago, we didn't feel like strangers at all. The collaboration was very pleasant. Rainie and good sister (Elanne) Kong Yeuk Lam on the set got along famously, I couldn't jump in at all." Rainie cut to the chase and said that she and Ah Lok had no chance. "Our spark isn't from romance, only from work. We were innocent of the rumor back then, I was 17 or 18 and didn't know how to face it. Now it's in the past, time has proven everything."

Rainie worked on her first ghost film and gave her "first time" to Ah Lok. Ah Lok said, "Speaking of this I have to be responsible, actually I was a virgin too......in a 3D movie, haha!" He described the 3D film production as more complex, one shot needed 3 hours. He was bored from waiting on the set!

No comments:

Post a Comment