Tuesday, October 6, 2009

[2009.10.06] AARON KWOK, GOUW IAN ISKANDER GO TO JAPAN

Ueto Aya and Asimo

Osamu Tezuka's son, Gouw Ian Iskander, Aaron Kwok Fu Sing
courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of on.cc

Adapted from Japanese manga creator Osamu Tezuka, the animated film ASTROBOY yesterday held its global premiere at the new Tokyo cinema Shinjuku Piccadilly. Aside from the Japanese version voice actors Ueto Aya and Koji Yakusho, the event also invited Hong Kong version voice actors Aaron Kwok Fu Sing and Gouw Ian Iskander (Ng King To) to attend. Osamu Tezuka's son was also on hand. The film is scheduled for an U.S. and Hong Kong release on the 23rd.

The most important pair of characters in ASTROBOY are the "father and son" pair of Dr. Tenma and Astroboy. The Hong Kong version invited AFTER THIS OUR EXILE (FU JI) Golden Horse Best Actor Kwok Fu Sing and Best Supporting Actor Ng Kin To as voice actors. They both agreed to provide their voices for the first time. Aaron said, "I am very honored to be able to attend this global premiere, which to me is also uniquely meaningful. Firstly, this year is famous Japanese manga creator Osamu Tezuka's 80th birthday. I am able to provide my voice to Mr. Osamu Tezuka's household name animation film, I feel particularly honored; secondly, being able to attend the global premiere at his home is another honor for me." The film used 400 Hong Kong animators in its production, which he felt was something that was worth Hong Kong people's pride.

Just turning 12 this year, Ng King To played the 13 year old Astroboy. Thus he absolutely was able to express the film's teenage innocence, semi mature yet brave voice. He said, "When I worked with Aaron Gor Gor it was already four years ago. This time when I saw him at the studio, he said I grew tall very fast. I am truly very happy about working with 'Ai Ya Papa' Aaron again."

No comments:

Post a Comment